The end of a relationship can be jarring, freeing, alarming, scary, relieving, and sad. The choices that are in front of you can feel overwhelming or non existent. The life you had envisioned within this relationship is no longer present.
The ending of a relationship can also create new opportunities for growth, insight, and personal development.
Therapy can support you through this transition by
- Processing grief
- Increasing self-esteem
- Changing negative patterns
- Developing healing coping skills
- Forgiving yourself
- Implementing healthy boundaries
- Improving communication
- Exploring choices for the future
- Learning how to date again
- Identifying red and green flags